Saturday, May 17, 2008

Pure Awe


I am kicking myself for not taking my camera to the lake today but then I probably would have been fumbling for my camera and would not have had the experience that I did have..first off it was downright steamy here..like LA hot..sweaty weather so this afternoon we headed to the lake..Mads and I..well there were a group of people sitting at the picnic table and earlier they had caught some fish..one of the guys grabbed the one of the fish out of the bucket and tossed it in the air and it hit the ground..all of a sudden an Eagle comes swooping down not 10 feet away from me..going after the fish..the dude that tossed the fish..ran and grabbed it and tossed it again and 2 other Eagles came over my head just as glorious as anything I have every seen..I was in complete awe...then we discovered they have a nest just above the picnic table so we had the pleasure of listening to them talk back and forth and hang out..I am going back tomorrow with my camera in tow....what awesome creatures they are...


I know a blog isn't cool without a pic so I posted one of Justin..just because I enjoy looking at him! Miss ya..love...


S

3 comments:

uniquefavors said...

Hey girl! Thanks for sharing your blog with us! I enjoyed the read and so glad all turned out good with your DD's school incident! It's nice to see Becca, Bren & the crew found some new friends already! BTW, your DH just takes gorgeous pics! It isn't fair he and Becca are all the way over there on the same little island. lol You are hording the talent aren't you? I am off to add your blog link to my blog! Way cool!
Ayme

Becca said...

OMG!!! That is the coolest thing ever!!!
I've yet to see an eagle over here, but we always have our eyes open for them!
I can't wait to tell my boys what you saw!
We didn't make it to Seattle last weekend, but I'll get there sometime soon!
Did you have fun at the zoo?
Take care!!
Becca

Justin said...

Hey Babe... I enjoy looking at you too.

Had lots of fun being home. cant wait to do it again.

cheers
Me